Drawing Triangles using Geometrical Instruments - Part 1
Draw an equilateral triangle with side 5 cm.
- Step 1: Draw a straight line 5 cm long. Call it AB.
- Step 2: Using a protractor draw an angle of 60° from Point A.
- Each angle of an equilateral triangle is 60°.
- Step 3: Using a protractor draw an angle of 60° from Point B.
- Step 4: Mark the point where both these lines meet as C.
Each side of an equilateral triangle is of the same length.
- Measure the lengths of lines AC and BC.
They should each be equal to 5 cm.
Using a protractor measure ∠ACB.
It should be equal to 60°.
Δ ABC is the required equilateral triangle.