Drawing Triangles using Geometrical Instruments - Part 3
Draw a right-angled triangle XYZ with ∠XYZ = 90°, YZ = 5 cm and XY = 4 cm.
- Step 1: Draw a straight line YZ 5cm long.
- Step 2: Using a protractor draw a right angle (an angle of 90°) from Point Y.
- Step 3: Mark the point X so that XY = 4 cm.
Join Point X to Point Z.
Δ is the required right-angled triangle.
Draw a triangle DEF with ∠DEF = 130°, ∠DFE = 20° and EF = 6 cm.
- Step 1: Draw a straight line EF 6 cm long.
- Step 2: Using a protractor draw an angle of 130° from Point E.
- Step 3: Using a protractor draw an angle of 20° from Point F.
- Step 4: Mark the point where the two lines meet as Point D.
ΔDEF is the required triangle.