How to Draw and Equilateral Triangle using a Protractor?
1. Draw an equilateral triangle with side 5 cm.
Step 1: Draw a straight line 5 cm long. Call it AB.
Step 2: Using a protractor draw an angle of 60° from Point A.
Each angle of an equilateral triangle is 60°.
Step 3: Using a protractor draw an angle of 60° from Point B.
Step 4: Mark the point where both these lines meet as C.
- Measure the lengths of lines AC and BC.
- They should each be equal to 5 cm.
- Using a protractor measure ∠ACB.
- It should be equal to 60°.
- Δ ABC is the required equilateral triangle.
Each side of an equilateral triangle is of the same length.